Openings at ETC
Job Opening: Director of Marketing and Public Relations
About Ensemble Theatre Company
Ensemble Theatre Company (ETC) is Santa Barbara's sole professional theater, now in its 38th season. Operating out of the state-of-the-art 300-seat New Vic, ETC presents five main stage productions per season. Education outreach programs include a Young Actors Conservatory, a Young Playwrights Program, student matinees and in-school workshops. ETC rents its venue to other local arts groups and non-profits. ETC operates on an Equity SPT (8) contract.
Reporting to the Artistic Director, the Director of Marketing and Public Relations is responsible for developing strategic marketing plans for ETC’s annual five-play season, enhancing ETC’s brand identity, managing its website, creating all marketing collateral, spearheading publicity for productions and fundraising events, and developing and maintaining relationships with media and other Santa Barbara cultural organizations.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop annual strategic marketing plans.
- Craft all organizational press releases, and manage press relationships.
- Oversee creation and distribution of season brochures, performance programs, and other print materials.
- Manage social media, e-newsletters, promotional videos, and other digital marketing materials
- Manage company website, etcsb.org, with eye towards future website redesign.
- Hire and supervise freelance writers, designers and other consultants, as needed.
- Basic graphic design and layout work as needed.
- Supervise Box Office Manager, and ensure box office maintains a high level of customer service.
- Manage ticket pricing and sales tracking via Tessitura (CRM database).
- Create new forms of community engagement and audience development.
Education/Work Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field preferred.
- Minimum of four years arts marketing experience, preferably in theater.
- Excellent communication, writing and computer skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues, board members and high level donors.
- Adobe Photoshop and InDesign experience.
- CRM Database experience. Tessitura experience preferred.